From the moment you arrive at Villa Margherita your stress and worries will melt away…
Set high on a hill, the views of the entire Umbrian Valley are breathtaking! Enjoy stunning sunsets from the patio overlooking the gorgeous infinity pool and surrounding olive groves. Dining al fresco will be the most memorable Umbrian experience with two wood burning ovens – one for pizza and the other for cooking grilled meats.
The restored farmhouse is incredibly comfortable and very livable. It is ideal for a vacation or a longer stay. The furnishings are all of European design, high-end quality and the house can sleep up to 6 people.
- Living Room w/ FP, TV. Pull out sofa to accommodate 2 guests.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with top of the line Miele professional appliances to satisfy your passion for cooking or, if you prefer, have a fabulous Umbrian meal prepared by local talent.
- Dining – Seating for 6
- 2 full baths - 1 inside on main level the other outside for the pool area
- Washer and Dryer and Utility Sink
- 2 Bedrooms with en-suite baths (both with showers) and Linen Closet
- 1st BR. Queen size bed, bath w/ shower, balcony w/ steps down to pool area.
- 2nd BR. Two single (joinable) beds, bath with shower
- Individual A/C units with remote controls.
- Heating – 2 zones
- Security Alarm System
- Fully enclosed pool area
- Gated Property with remote controlled Entrance.
- Infinity Pool is open from April 15- October 15
Easter Week; April – Mid October; Christmas and New Year’s Week
One Week: $2850
Jan – March; Mid October – Mid December
One Week: $2100
All rates are inclusive of water, heating, gas, electricity, clean towels and linens. Rates do not include telephone or firewood.
A 25% security deposit is required to secure a reservation.
A La Carte Services (Please enquire about pricing)
- House cleaning service (the house will be cleaned upon arrival and leaving only).
- Local chef to prepare Italian meals and/or give Italian cooking lessons.
- Private olive oil tasting; learn the process of making olive oil (in season only).
- Private wine tasting of local wines.
The house is a heartbeat from the center of Assisi, known primarily as the birth place of Saints Francis and Saint Claire. Assisi is also known for its Medieval castles, beautiful Basilicas and Churches, works of art including being the birthplace of the renaissance with works by Cimabue, Giotto and many others and also for its rich culture and many festivals. There are countless shops, cafés, and restaurants that boast the local Umbrian cuisine comprised of basic ingredients: olive oil, among the best in Italy, wild boar, lamb, hard wheat pasta of the finest quality and the precious black summer truffles.
Perugia, known for its University and chocolate, Spoleto, Todi, Orvieto, known for its wine, and other Medieval Umbrian hill towns are all nearby for delightful day trips.
The airports in Rome, Florence and Perugia are easily accessible:
Rome airports: 186 km or approximately 2.5 hours
Florence airport: 171 km or approximately 2 hours
Perugia airport: 26 km or approximately 35 minutes
There are also several local trains and buses.
Although the winter climate is cooler at around 10°C / 50°F, it still feels pleasant and from February onwards, temperatures start to rise sharply. Many people choose to visit out of season, when Assisi is noticeably quieter and the weather still quite reasonable. Assisi is also known for the famous Calendimaggio or spring festival which is their version of the Palio and it is held the first Thursday, Friday and Saturday after May 1.
Others enjoy the atmosphere and excitement created by the summer crowds, and the subsequent festivities.
August can be a very busy month in Assisi, particular at the time of Italy's Feast of the Assumption (Assunzione / Ferragosto) on 15th August. Autumn is another recommended time to visit Assisi, when the weather is again quite favorable, and the throng of the tourists starts to lessen. The October climate sees temperatures averaging 20°C / 68°F, dropping to around 14°C / 57°F by day in November.